OmxPlayer Gui for the Raspberry Pi
Omxplayer is the best audio and video player for the Raspberry Pi. But it's command
line driven. You can use the arrow keys to advance or go back 30 seconds, press space for pause or q/escape to close.
I wanted a nice gui that did the same thing. Something simple with either buttons or keys.
I could double click on a file and play it.
I wrote this OmxPlayer in C#.Net on the Raspberry Pi with Mono Develop.
To run it, you need mono installed. Here's a link to the program:
To install it:
- Compile or copy the existing OmxPlayerGui.exe file from the Release folder in the zip file to the /home/pi folder.
- Right click on a mp3 or mp4 file
- Left click on Open With.
- Click on the Custom Command Line tab.
- Type mono /home/pi/OmxPlayerGui.exe %f
- Check the box next to Set Selected Application As The Default Application For This File Type
- Click OK
The OmxPlayerGui will run whenever you double click a mp3 or mp4 file. The keys that control it are space, arrow keys, q, escape, + - (volume)